Wow so this turned out wonderful
– Lean Ground chicken 1.2 lbs
– 1 box gluten free elbow macaroni (I used the PC Brand)
– 2 cups of homemade tomato sauce, or any thick brand
– 1 and 3/4 cups of milk (I used one percent)
– 1 and 1/2 cups of stock, whatever flavour
– 1 medium red onion almost puréed
– 2 tbsps of minced garlic
– 3/4 if a bag of washed spinach mixed with Kale
– PC Black label Zataar seasoning to taste, I used 2 tbsps. You can also use any sort of fresh herbs, Italian or Greek seasoning pouches would be a great replacement
Here comes the easy part; brown the meat, onions, garlic, and seasoning, at a medium heat, if you have an induction cooktop like me I do it at 6.
(I also hardly ever cook with oil, because I find meat has enough when you cook it slowly)
Then once everything is browned and cooked through add the spinach mix, cover and lower heat to a simmer, for 5 mins or until soft.
Last step: add the pasta on top of the meat and spinach mix and fill up the skillet with all the liquid. I find if you put the tomato sauce in the middle last it seeps into everything else. You cover the pot and cook on medium low, until pasta is cooked, it took me about 10mins and it was ready.
I sprinkled Romano cheese on it for the kids and hubby, and chipotle hot sauce for me! Seriously this was to die for on a super cold Monday night!
I also paired it with a small glass of red wine so if there are any errors in this article I blame the food coma that I am in!