1. Don’t give unsolicited advice. Unless you are asked for help specifically about a topic keep your opinion to yourself.
2. When a Mother is out without her child, don’t ask where the child is. She probably has enough Mom guilt and if not she needs a break and doesn’t need to be reminded of her baby
3. Unless you have something nice to say like “here let me hold the baby for a minute so you can sit” or “wow you look amazing” something along those lines chances are you are gonna say something bitchy like “oh wow your house looks like a hot mess you should call my service” or “you look so tired” No shit Sherlock!
4. This one may sound strange, but people really do this, asking; “What’s wrong with your kid, why does he/she do ___________?” I had someone ask me why my kid doesn’t stop asking questions, or some ignorant crap like that. For a new mom it can be worrying, because lets face it you aren’t REALLY concerned why he’s doing something you are just pointing it out to be a cow, and not the good kind of cow either. I’m talking about those moo faces that chew cuud while giving you side eye.
5. If you ever feel the need to say “I would NEVER do __________ with my kid, can you believe that?” Unless the blank was some form of child abuse get the pickle out of your bum and understand that every single person in this world is different! If we don’t differ in how we raise our children how will we ever teach them to respect each other’s differences.
Children learn to be bullies from their parents so if you are acting all high and mighty around your friends and your children, you are setting your kids up for failure in life, let alone the playground!