I shop for EVERYTHING online.
Take that in…
Here are my steps:
1. Get a PayPal Account and add your credit card that gets you the most points for shopping.
2. Get an EBates account. It’s a referral website that pays you quarterly for your online shopping. This month my cheque coming May 1st is 200+ CAD! That is more than I get paid (after taxes for one day of work)
3. Have an Amazon, Walmart, and Well.ca account (if in Canada) and set up subscriptions (amazon and well) or Autosave (Walmart) for basics like toilet paper, paper towel, garbage bags, diapers wipes (thank God I don’t need the latter for the kids any more). Every month These sites send you a reminder that you have An order coming up to review.
So go into your accounts on the site and confirm by comparing them to each other that you have the lowest price and order from the site that is lower, also check for online coupons (usually more on Amazon)
4. Before putting through any purchase online check to see if the retailer is affiliated with ebates. If you find the retailer there, click on their link from ebates to put your order through.
5. One more step before you put through that purchase google ” (retailer name) promo or coupon code” and try every single code you can find before putting through an order.
6. This one is more of an individual choice but I LOVE ebay for unique pieces or even etsy. I bought my kids identical light up sneakers for 20 bucks for 2 pair on ebay that their friends at school got from a kiosk in the mall for 40+ IDENTICAL! Because the ones at the kiosk aren’t name brand either just some gimmicky shoe trend that the kiddos are crazy about. I’m supporting an individual in China that isn’t trying to rip me off!
7. If you Live in Canada the best credit cards for points that is free is the PC Elite MasterCard. Hands down. Last year alone on my groceries (which i do in store) made me almost 2000 that I put towards my groceries, you can also save up and buy gift cards at Christmas for people, or even one couple made a mortgage payment with it!
If you travel the SPG Amex gets the most value for your dollars spent towards hotel stays, but there is a fee.
I’m not affiliated with any of these companies. I do love shopping with them, and I literally cannot go back to shopping in store anymore, lugging around those giantic boxes and bags from Costco or just parking there any day of the week! I hate it!
Also if you are worried about fraud online, make sure you always use paypal. I can’t tell you how great they are with disput resolution. So many times I’ve had to deal with shitty sellers that didn’t send me anything at all or even say their tracking says I got it when I clearly didn’t (I have full HD cameras at my home and know all of my couriers). Also during the holiday season tip your couriers, this isn’t necessary but you know they save me from those in store shopping messes, making them some baked goods and a card with cash is my way of saying thank you (also my Nana was a Mailman for years here so I feel obligated to him)
If you like this post please share it, because I really want people to stop looking at me like I’m crazy! I’m literally making thousands of dollars per year on stuff I Have to buy!